Thursday, October 16, 2008
Single Life
Wow! When I ended a 6.5 year relationship and moved back to West Virginia from Columbus, Ohio, I'm not really sure where my brain was during that decision-making process. After living in a city with such a varied night life, I forgot to lower my expectations for the nightlife around here. Like some sort of Pavlov-dog, Friday arrives and my mouth salivates for the taste of cold beer and social interaction. So, I go home from work, shower, and head out for a night on the "town." I buy beer, shots, and food. I get drunk, I laugh, and then...my buzz begins to wear off and I glance around, become frustrated. Then, I go home and curse at myself for thinking that "maybe this time, it will be different." Dumbass! Every weekend is the same thing - cheap beer and good food, but no attractive men without issues, no dancing, no trendiness, lots of young hoochies wearing outfits that I'm pretty sure are missing at least half of the required fabric. No offense to the men around here (I'm sure there have to be a few???), but most of you just don't meet my minimum standards - career (not job), residence (not with parents), car (Geo Metro does not qualify), teeth (it is West Virginia), a clean, groomed appearance, a nice body, handsome face, sense of humor, and ability to have an intellectual conversation. I know you have to be out there somewhere (just probably not here). I guess that tiny little string of hope is what motivates or drives this Pavlov-dog to attempt the "bar scene" here every weekend - it's either that or sitting at home....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment